Supervisor, Facilities Management Services - Toronto, ON
We’re looking for a Supervisor to oversee day-to-day operations and maintenance of a multi-site facility, including directing staff and contractors, and delivering a high level of facilities management services to the client and their tenants.
Our ideal candidate will have strong technical/operational capabilities with past experience in monitoring building systems and equipment. They will have excellent customer service skills in ensuring client/tenant requests are responded to, and appropriate corrective measures are taken. Lastly, this individual will be responsible for compiling a monthly client report, participate in the development of infrastructure plans, oversee projects, and play a coaching/mentorship role to their staff.
- Inspect and monitor building systems/equipment, testing as required and ensuring systems operating within specified tolerances
- Respond to client/tenant requests ensuring a high level of satisfaction
- Mentor, coach and provide leadership to staff
- Schedule staff duties; direct and monitor work carried out by staff and contractors
- Complete monthly client reports, review site policies and procedures, prepare for site audits, etc.
- Participate in development of short/long-term infrastructure plans, acquisition of capital equipment/ supplies/inventory, and discussions re: expanded FM services
- Participate in tendering process and negotiation of costs/fees with suppliers/contractors (as required)
- Maintain Computerized Maintenance Management System including preventative maintenance schedules/plans, updated site-specific task cards, review/adjust system maintenance schedules (as required), etc.
- Minimum 3 years of supervisory experience with a minimum of 5 years working knowledge of facilities maintenance and operations;
- Post-secondary diploma/certification in Building Environmental Systems, Engineering Technology, or Trades qualification;
- Knowledge/understanding of Occupational Health and Safety Act; building/fire/other codes and applicable standards/regulations pertaining to facilities maintenance and operations;
- Demonstrated capabilities re: accountability, judgement, decision-making, problem solving, etc.
- Proven ability to effectively interact with clients, tenants, management and staff;
- Possesses personal leadership attributes including; integrity, trustworthiness, results focused, high standards, commitment, ethical values and achievement oriented
- Proven ability to foster/develop/maintain relationships with internal/external contacts
- Excellent computer skills (i.e., Microsoft Office – Excel, Word, Outlook)