On-Call Building Operators - Toronto, ON
We’re looking for Building Operators, who are interested in working on a part-time/on-call basis to provide day-to-day operations and maintenance to various facilities.
Our ideal candidates will have strong technical/operational capabilities with past experience in monitoring building systems and equipment. They will have excellent customer service skills in ensuring client requests are responded to, and appropriate corrective measures are taken.
- Perform daily rounds and record readings for all major equipment;
- Start-up/shutdown major building equipment as required or directed;
- Inspect, operate, maintain and repair mechanical/electrical systems including but not limited to boilers, chillers, HVAC equipment, pumps, generators, UPS, life safety system, etc., and ensure all equipment are operated in a safe and efficient manner.
- Complete preventive/demand maintenance tasks including but not limited to: filter changes, belt inspection and replacement, greasing of bearings, etc.;
- Perform repairs such as: replace faucets, clear sinks/drains/sumps, reset breakers, etc.;
- Perform general building repairs as required such as minor paint touch-ups, mechanical room clean-up, etc.;
- Respond to tenant/client requests and emergencies; escalate unusual events/occurrences or unsafe conditions to supervisor;
- Oversee work and or assist contractors/external service providers as required;
- Maintain a clean work environment;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Building Environmental Studies, Operating Engineer certification, Engineering Technologist, provincial trade certification of qualification, or related diploma/degree/certification;
- Previous experience in facilities maintenance and operations;
- Demonstrated capabilities re: accountability, judgement, decision-making, problem solving, etc.;
- Proven ability to effectively interact with clients, tenants, management and staff;
- Possesses personal leadership attributes including; integrity, trustworthiness, results focused, high standards, commitment, ethical values and achievement oriented;
- Proven ability to foster/develop/maintain relationships with internal/external contacts;
- Excellent computer skills (i.e., Microsoft Office – Excel, Word, Outlook);
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, and able to work a Mon-Fri daytime and provide shift relief as required.
Interested applicants are encouraged to send in resume to firstname.lastname@example.org